HOW TO USE SEA GLOW™ to remove yellowing from Clear soles or (originally) white rubber upper soles.
• Replace shipping cap with the "flip top”- dispensing cap to prevent spills with product wastage.
• Apply to the area being treated and spread over surface with paper towel AVOID GLUED SEAMS! If product comes in contact with seams wipe off immediately with water-wetted paper towel. Actually the glue use in shoes is a "hot glue" so use of ice packs is a good idea. Hot sun is the main problem for lack of adhesion, not exposure to SEA GLOW™ If glue does become affected, contact us for advice.
• Use the scuff pad to work product into the surface. Then remove any surface oxidation (yellow in color) with paper towel soaked in more SEA GLOW™ (this "draws up" oxidation and stains into paper towel). If available, then sparingly wipe on O.XIBOOST™ before repeatedly applying SEA GLOW™ as above.
• Place the shoes so that daylight or (even better) bright sunlight can reach the soles and react with the fluorescing agent in SEA GLOW™ - this is what neutralizes deep-seated yellowing.
• In the case of white or colored rubber or plastic, the SEA GLOW™ only has to penetrate a fraction of an inch and rapid results are seen. However on clear rubber/plastic material the yellowing is deeper down in the synthetic rubber (perhaps all the way through) and the SEA GLOW™ has to deeply penetrate these areas in order to neutralize the yellowing. In bad cases, apply SEA GLOW™ repeatedly for many sessions in bright sunlight .
• . AT THE END, ALWAYS REMOVE AND NEUTRALIZE THE SEA GLOW™ REMAINING ON THE SURFACE BY WIPING OVER WITH WATER-WETTED PAPER TOWEL - THEN WIPE DRY. IF SEA GLOW™ DRIES ON THE SURFACE, REMOVE WITH SOME FRESH PRODUCT, THEN DEACTIVATE WITH WATER AND WIPE DRY.
FOR PROTECTION OF NEW SHOES:
Sparingly wipe over "Icy" clear soles" or white rubber uppers with SEA GLOW™. . Then seal the surface of soles with NON-SLIP Superglaze™ and SILKENSEAL™ on uppers. SILKENSEAL™ can also be used to protect all patent leather surfaces against scuffing. All these products are available in our "NEW SHOE KIT".
The information above is from the standard insert we include with every order of SEA GLOW™ for use on shoes. We have since learned that professional users of our product employ other variations of technique:
1. Some stand the soles in a pan containing enough SEA GLOW™ to “pickle” the soles and leave for several days for full penetration of “icy clear” soles. One user even has a special pan that has a transparent bottom with UV lamp shining upwards through it!
2. Others deliberately remove the soles (that are basically a press fit) and pickle the sole from both sides for several days. to ensure full penetration by the product. The sole is easily pressed back on. Them (after cleaning localized areas with acetone) “Hot glue” dabs are used to locate the sole on the shoe.
3. Following the lead of Frank Cheek and others, indoor lighting with some UV content has been used in place of sunlight. this does take about a week, as opposed to sunlight working over hours to days. The reader is referred to forums at Niketalk.com SoleCollector.com and other specialized websites. See also the many videos on Youtube.com. However beware of claims involving strong hydrogen peroxide bleaches that can damage the rubber and leave "burn marks" on your shoes or on your own skin!
REJUVENATION OF OLD SHOES:
Use SEA GLOW™ to restore the "icy" clear soles . This product removes yellowing, in the presence of UV from daylight or special indoor lamps . Results are faster in the presence of our new O.Xiboost™ product. The same product(s) can be used on yellowed (originally white) rubber uppers. Then. seal the surfaces, using NON-SLIP Superglaze™ on soles and SILKENSEAL™ on uppers. SILKENSEAL™ can also be used to shine and protect all patent leather surfaces against scuffing. All these products are availablei in our Shoe Collector's Kit that also contains NEUTRAL CLEAR™ Cleanser-Conditioner for use on brown or beige rubber.
The Movie at left shows almost instant results of SEA GLOW™
in restoring snowy whiteness to slightly yellowed white rubber midsole.