HOW TO USE "Hawaiian 2-Step Process" (updated August 2019)
Details (MIRROR HARD™ ): The most recent version of this product is faster drying and much easier to apply. However, a warm sunny day is preferred.
1. Hose down surfaces weekly to avoid accumulation of grime and potential stains. Deionized water allows air drying without wiping.
A little IG Pink™ helps remove airborne pollutants or bird droppings
3. Remove sooty run-off stains with one our our cleaners or ELIXIR™ and touch up the shine with MIRROR HARD™. The latter can be used to both remove the stained surface and replace shine in one quick step.
4. Under aluminum fittings that might produce grey streak runoff, remove stain as in 3. and then apply an outer coating of SILKENSEAL™ that is resistant to grey streaks.
7. If, at any time, the resin coatings have to be removed to make repairs or prior to painting, use a toluene - based "grease and wax" remover from a car paint shop using 3M scuff pads ("000" Grade, or coarser) . Proceed until water beading is absent, which means the coating has been successfully removed.
CURRENT LINEUP OF PRODUCTS FOR GELCOAT CARE & RESTORATION Shows Heavy Duty Hawaiian 2-Step Kit
From left to right....
1. SILKENSEAL™ "Plastic Skin" Sealant-Protectant. Useful to seal pores of old porous gelcoat - several coats might be needed.
2. SB Catalyst™ Accelerates curing of the resins in MIRROR HARD Superglaze™ & our other resin coatings.
3. ELIXIR™ "Time in a bottle" that dissolves away deep oxidation & can prevent its return. Brightens colors while reducing color fade. Contains a resin sealant that leaves a "waxed-look" finish.
4. MIRROR HARD Superglaze™ (latest fast-curing version). A resin coating that gives extreme gloss and years of anti-weathering protection.
5. SLICKSEAL™ Catalyst & Shine Protectant. At last an easy method of removing undesired surface residue from MIRROR HARD™ both after AND during curing of the resins.
Note: painted surfaces do NOT require sealing of the pores by SILKENSEAL™ . Similarly for gelcoat in good condition: Just use Regular Hawaiian 2-Step Kit.
ANCILLARY PRODUCTS (Left to right):
RESTORING GELCOAT: GENERAL PRINCIPLES